[mythtv-users] some basic questions ...

jwr RickertJ at gmx.info
Tue Dec 30 13:41:44 EST 2003

hi,

I plan to have a mythtv-box, but there are some things, I am not sure about:

Is it possible to have a myth-box (ONE pc) with two TVs (and also two
remote controlls) connected, which can watch different channels
independant from each other ? This would be my requirement for the
"watching" side.

On the "recording side" I would be happy to record from one channel
while watching another channel or maybe have myth do a scheduled
recording from channel A while "live watching" (including PAUSE) channel B.

Is that possible (maybe with running multiple instances of mythtv) and
if so, what is required ? I plan to use Hauppauge PVR x50 card(s).

Please assume that CPU power is not the problem and dont care about the
remote controlls (I plan to install a LIRC conforming network device)

Greetings,
jwr