[mythtv-users] Radeon s-video out

Erik LaBianca erik at totalcirculation.com
Tue Dec 30 11:31:22 EST 2003

Tom,

> I have been trying to get video out working with the radeon
> and am now confused... Does anyone have it working under RH9?
> I followed the info under the adventurous setup of gatos but
> it seems to easy and nothing on the tv out.... Any thoughts?
> Tom

I've successfully got my Radeon 9200 working under Fedora Core 1 using
atrpms and the binary-only fglrx drivers... I've not actually tried the
dvi or vga outputs, but the s-video works like a charm. Try this link:

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&pr
odType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=21&submit.y=5&submit=GO
%21

Or just click support, download drivers, linux, graphic driver, etc...

You'll have to install it with --force, but it actually cleans up nicely
after itself. Gatos supposedly works, but it seems as if to make it go
you have break your rpm database or sacrifice your first-born child.

HTH

--erik