[mythtv-users] Re:RE:Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Mon Dec 29 12:52:28 EST 2003

Well alsa was a trainwreck.  I got it working, but sound stuttered
horribly.  I went back to the alsa OSS emulation.

What I find interesting is that it only happens on LiveTV.  From what I
understand, the frontend gets all vid streams from the backend whether
recorded or not.  I'm perfectly able to record a show, watch a recording
AND be compiling in the background without problems.  I'd think if it
were directly audio or performance related I would see the problem there
as well.

What I'd love to do but can't afford is build one more box and separate
the backend/frontend to see what happens (or get a hardware MPEG.)  My
regular desktop PC has the nforce audio and sounds like the chipmunks
when I try to use MythTV.  It took me a week to get XMMS working right
by tweaking modules.conf, so I have no idea how to fix it with MythTV.

There's no known problems with the VT8235 chipset on my mobo, is there?

-Tony