[mythtv-users] Skipping video with DVB-T

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 05:15:35 EST 2003

Jon Dye wrote:
> I have recently got a Hauppauge Nova-T card which works perfectly when
> watching TV in mythtv but when I record something and then play it back
> the video skips about every ten seconds.
[...]

I've found out a bit more about this now, the frontend outputs the
message like the following:

2003-12-29 09:56:07 Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]concealing errors
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]ac-tex damaged at 23 2
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 30
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 31
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 32
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 33
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 34
[mpeg1video @ 0x8748338]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 35

the backend is logging:

2003-12-29 10:07:11 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.

at regular intervals while recording shows so I guess that is the
problem although when watching LiveTV I get that message twice when
watching starts and then not again.  Is there just less logging from
LiveTV?  Does anyone know how I can stop this problem from occurring?
Why does LiveTV cope better than recorded shows?

JD