[mythtv-users] Skipping video with DVB-T

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 04:31:54 EST 2003

Hi,

I have recently got a Hauppauge Nova-T card which works perfectly when
watching TV in mythtv but when I record something and then play it back
the video skips about every ten seconds.  When fast forwarding and
rewinding the total play time on the OSD jumps around. I guess the fast
forward uses the total play time to work out the index into the file so
that means fast forwarding sometimes jumps back in time!

Has anyone else had similar problems?  I've tried adjusting the
resolution for recording but that didn't seems to help and anyway the
LiveTV works at max resolution (768x576 or something).  I can't see much
difference between LiveTV and recorded shows as the live tv uses a
ringbuffer file anyway doesn't it?

JD