[mythtv-users] Second try... Any suggestions for fixing this?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sun Dec 28 21:25:24 EST 2003

Can anyone help with this? Go no replies on my first post. Thanks.

When I try to run mythfrontend I get the error:
mythfrontend: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmyth-0.13.so.0: undefined
symbol: lirc_init

Searching I found that someone suggested that qt and mythtv were
compiled with different version of gcc. I don't know if that is what is
happening here or not. I just installed all the myth pieces from CVS
(over the installed mythtv-suite). If I try to uninstall qt using apt,
so I can then reinstall it, it wants to remove a whole bunch of stuff.

mythbackend seems to run fine.

Any suggestions? Any other info I should provide? This is on RH9.

Thanks,
James