[mythtv-users] can't change channels with arrow keys

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 28 08:52:57 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 02:51, * wrote:
> Hello, I'm not sure when this started but for awhile now I
> have been unable to change channels with the up/down arrow
> keys.  When I try using the arrow keys, MythTV displays the
> new channel number but apparently doesn't actually send the IR
> signal to change the channel (or it is lost, or something).
>
> Here's some info about my setup.  I'm using MythTV 0.13 and to
> change the channel myth uses /usr/local/bin/channel, which
> sends the signal to my DCT2000 with a homebrew IR Blaster.  I
> know this is mostly working, because I can successfully change
> channels in MythTV by typing the channel number then ENTER.
>
> Any hints on where to look for fixing this?  Perhaps the
> /etc/lircd.conf or ~mythtv/.lircrc?  Thanks!

Let me see if I get this straight... Are you saying that you cannot
change channel using the arrow (up/down) keys but you can if you type a
number and hit enter?

this is probably a silly comment but... are you sure you hit the
"select" key (space bar) after you hit the up-arrow?  There is a setting
in mythfrontend that you can toggle the action of the arrow keys to
either change the channel immediately or to wait for you to hit the
select key...

like I said, it's probably a silly comment...

-jose-