[mythtv-users] apt-get dist-upgrade, lost all of mythtv rpms

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Dec 28 04:03:52 EST 2003

On Dec 27, 2003, at 19:18, mythtv user wrote:

> I ended up following Jarod's guide and reinstalling everything I
> needed for
> mythtv and 0.13 is working fine.
>
> I am still curious to know what I did wrong if anyone has any idea.

Very odd... Never seen that happen before. The rpm database can
occasionally get pretty badly tanked to the point where it is beyond
recovery (at least insofar as I know how to fix it) and this sounds
like it might be one of those cases. :-\

I've had something similar happen before, and Axel helped me clean up
the mess, but it was quite a nightmarish ordeal. One thing you might
have simply done is "apt-get install mythtv-suite" and seen where that
left you, but there may have been additional inconsistencies...

--jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...