[mythtv-users] Using homebrew ir transmitter to control Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 [tip]

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 03:53:37 EST 2003

Is the transmitter of the type that is aimed at the 3100 or plugs directly into it ?
The 3100 has an ir port , just not sure if you can use it.

Stuart

Randy Beiter <merlinmy at camelot.org> wrote:
This is just an FYI email for anyone who may benefit. I built
both the simple and improved transmitter circuits on lirc.org but
could not get them to control my cable box. However, using my palm
pilot's remote control software, I was able to learn a code from the
homebrew transmitter and control the cable box just fine - the
trick ended up being to add the following line to the standard
SA2000 configuration provided in the remotes directory of the
lirc distribution. I noticed in the palm's configuration, it was
set to a frequency of 56k, and sure enough that made my Explorer 3100
happy. I also successfully made use of Robert Wamble's tweaks to run
two simultaneous lirc daemons - thanks for posting your steps and scripts!

frequency 56000

(I added this right below the gap line)

Hope this helps someone. Now I just need to enclose the circuit so
it's not quite so fragile.

Randy