[mythtv-users] Difference between myth front end and back end?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 27 22:42:51 EST 2003

Can someone help me out with an explaination of the myth front end and
backend?

At first I was thinking the backend is the video you see on the VGA output
and the front end is what you see on the TV out part.  After reading the
docs some more I'm thinking myth backend is more like a daemon running in
the background and the frontend is ummmm perhaps the myth menus displayed
on screen?  or is it myth playback (live tv or a recording)?

Also I'm curious if you see regular computer out put on your TV (like KDE
or your regular console output, PC booting etc.)?

Thanks
Malcolm