[mythtv-users] OT: Wide Mode Video player on linux?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 12:49:35 EST 2003

.
# That's even better. :) Hadn't taken the time to figure out what was
# required for that yet... All of those look perfectly straight-forward,
# except the ao-alsa9:hw:0,3 line. Does that do the same thing as the
# "-ao alsa9:spdif -ac hwac3," part of my command-line? (I know I should
# just read the mplayer docs myself, but no time right now... :)
#
# I also need to start looking at mplayer native lirc, since the switch
# to myth native lirc meant killing off the irxevent stuff, which was
# also conveniently throwing commands at mplayer...
#
# Ya learn something new every day! ;-)

Jarod,

Sorry if this message breaks the thread.  I lost the thread when my
Hotmail auto-purged (don't you just HATE when that happens ;-) )

I can post my lircrc if that helps you.  It combines the native lircrc
for Myth with mplayer.  The only problem is that I haven't been able
to get the FFW, REW, SKIP and REPLAY commands to work.  The
mplayer command "skip" is supposed to be used for these, but I
have not been able to get it to work.  Maybe you will have more
luck and can post if you get these commands to work.  My lircrc
implements mplayer commands for play, stop, pause, volume,
mute, osd and exit.

Hope this helps!!

-- Harry O.