[mythtv-users] Updated nestitle table

Dan Berger dan at theidiots.org
Sat Dec 27 10:35:24 EST 2003

Hi gang,

I am sure many of you have the NES rom pack that's floating around the net.
If you use MythGame, you have probably noticed that many of the games don't
get recognized and go under the Unknown genre. I manually edited the entire
nestitle table to reflect the filenames of that rompack (it has 8,000
roms... only 3,000 plus if you filter out all the baddumps, overdumps,
alternates, and alternative language roms). You can go ahead and get the sql
file that will create the new table for you here:
http://octane.theidiots.org/mythtv/nestitle_new.sql
or, if you prefer CSV format:
http://octane.theidiots.org/mythtv/nestitle_new.csv

I recommend you first emtpy (if using CSV) or drop (if using SQL) the
nestitle table. I also strongly recommend that you back it up just in case
it doesn't work for you!

You will notice a very big improvement in mythgame's rom recognition.
However, there are still some titles that don't get recognized -- I will
hopefully fix that later on.

Enjoy

> Dan J. Berger
[web_page] http://octane.theidiots.org/