[mythtv-users] error compiling myth

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Dec 26 21:40:02 EST 2003

David Lodeiro wrote:
[---SNIPPED---]
> -I../../../linux-2.6.0/include -I../libmyth -I.. -I../libavcodec -I../
[---SNIPPED---]

You are trying to compile MythTV against the linux-2.6 headers for DVB
support, this is unsupported as of this point in time. What you do is
download the normal linuxtv-1.0.1 package, extract the content and point
the dvb include directive in setting.pro to the include directory
extracted from that package. This is perfectly legal, because the dvb
api is very well defined!

The reason for this beeing unsupported was discussed in a thread in
mythtv-dev recently (Sorry, as I seem to have misplaced the memory of
the threads name), but to mention the essential is that the linux kernel
headers should never be included when compiling a program, only the
kernel headers which glibc (and system) was compiled with should be
included.

Kenneth