[mythtv-users] Finally got it up and running, but...

Daniel Kleine-Albers dka at kesslerundpartner.biz
Fri Dec 26 03:11:02 EST 2003

On 25.12.2003, at 18:40, Martina Walter wrote:
> Worked almost like a charm :)
>
> I had to update the frequencies for my channels and dump the duplicate
> ones imported from xawtv because they did not match, but now I have a
> working epg.
>
> Do you know if "--update" will work with that?
>
> Martina

If you have a look at the mysql table "channel" you can set the xmltvid
right to match your xml file. This way you shouldn't get any
duplicates. I watched the mysql.log during an mythfilldatabase without
--update and noticed that it only searches for the xmltvid field and
only changes the icon column (for me at least). But you could also try
with --update (as said - for me it doesn't make any difference using
the tvmovie grabber).

Daniel