[mythtv-users] Auto start mythfrontend on Blackbox & Mandrake

Mythtv mythtv at keatlim.com
Fri Dec 26 01:48:07 EST 2003

I have Blackbox and Mandrake 9.2 running and I have put in
irxevent/mythbackend/mythfrontend in all three .xinitrc, .xsession and
.Xclients but they just refuse to automatically launch

The most success I've had was when I used the .xinitrc method. There was
this one time that it actually worked like it should but it never happened
ever again. I have xterm and bbkeys loading in the .xinitrc as well and
those applications actually launch. The other three never does.

This also happens in Mandrake 9.1 on a totally different hardware setup.

I don't think I've seen a post that has sucessfully solved this issue...
does anyone have the solution?

Thanks!