[mythtv-users] OT: Wide Mode Video player on linux?

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 18:15:54 EST 2003

I'm curious if there are any Wide Mode linux video
players, or if it even makes sense for there to be
one. I use Wide Mode from my DVD player (& PS2 for
Gran Turismo3) on my HDTV to good effect, as it
outputs a full screen amount of data for a wide screen
display that compresses the data onto the HDTV screen
creating it's own black bars.

Is something like this available or even useful on
linux?  I imagine it might be useful for composite or
SVideo output, but I am using 800p (800x600) on my
HDTV.

Any thoughts or info?  Thanks.