[mythtv-users] Fedora Scrambled Video, No Audio

MythMichale mythtv at pln.cc
Thu Dec 25 14:26:54 EST 2003

For various reasons, I whacked my HDs and installed FEDORA.  (As a side
note, it DID recognize my onboard 3com 910-A10 LAN, which RH9 did not)
In any case, I went thru Jarod's Guide for Fedora.  Added Anduin's
buffers line in the modules.conf and all was good.  Sorta.
First of all, pcHDTV and PVR350 did not play well together.  With the
pcHDTV installed, my IVTV puked with the DEVICE NOT FOUND error
immediatly upon /sbin/modprobe ivtv.  So I yanked the pcHDTV out and got
the ivtv driver up.  However, when I record video, it is pixelly, as if
watching satellite during a heavy rainstorm.  And there are bright green
and violet color horizontal bars along the bottom 1/4th of the video
box.  Plus I have no audio.  I did follow Jarod's instructions about NO
AUDIO.  But I did not install the ALSA.
I have tried -p 0 as my INPUT setting.  (Is there a listing of what
INPUT Settings are available?)
Anyone have any idea what I might have screwed up on?

Happy Mything

				Michale