[mythtv-users] Multitask

Dean Blackburn deano at deano.com
Thu Dec 25 06:57:01 EST 2003

Having just* gotten my 350 working (with really tiny, squeaky-mouse, but
good-sounding audio) with mythtv, I was about to ask the same thing.
Along similar lines, it would be nice to bop the video in live
tv/playback mode down to a PIP window, and then be able to navigate the
MythTV menus, check out the weather, look at recorded shows, etc. As a
current (former?) ReplayTV user, I'm fully able to at least continue
listening* to shows while I run through the menu.

Also, I've asked before, but is it possible to have any of the
informational modules (news, weather) scroll said info through the OSD
while live tv/playback occurs?

So far, so good. MythTV even makes these infomercials seem
interesting... Though I'm already seeing some scary blockifying during
swipes and animations.

-deano