[mythtv-users] Help with M179 card

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 25 03:02:53 EST 2003

On Dec 24, 2003, at 19:44, Greg Hennessy wrote:

> I recently got my M179 card from the 2nd ebay auction, and have been
> trying to get it working. I think I finally got all the nuances in, in
> that mplayer can display the picture and I get sound and all is happy
> so far, so I think I have my /etc/modules.conf file set up and
> all. However, myth doesn't seem to want to play sound, I get mostly
> silence, but I every now and then I hear a few words.

Very odd... Never seen/heard that before...

> If I simply feed
> the nuv file in my /data/video subdirectory into mplayer, I get both
> picture and sound, although it seems like mplayer can play the raw
> /dev/video1 stream more efficiently than the saved file.
>
> Can anyone offer any advice as to what may be wrong?

Unfortunately, no. If everything works in mplayer, its gotta be
something with your mythtv setup though...

> I have "none" set
> up in the audio input field of setup of mythfrontend.

Maybe try setting it to /dev/dsp. I know it *should* be none, but
wouldn't hurt to try... Also, are you using spdif for audio output?
That might complicate the matter some, and perhaps I can suggest a few
things to try if that is the case...

> Does it make a
> difference as to a PS or TS type of stream? Any help on this Yule eve
> would be appreciated.

I use DVD-Special-2, and it works quite well for me (and I believe is
the recommended stream type, as it is the one most worked on and
tweaked for XP MCE). The default PS type also works for me though.
(Haven't really tried any others).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...