[mythtv-users] Jerky live TV

Graham Wheeler gram at bradygirl.com
Wed Dec 24 19:23:37 EST 2003

Hi all

I've seen a few posts on this topic but non have enlightened me so here
is my situation:

I've just installed MythTV using the KnoppMyth 4 CD (I did have to
install an updated xmltv to get it to work). It looks good, but the live
TV is jerky - looks like it updates at about 7 frames per second. Also,
CPU usage seems to be pegged at 100% (about 90% users and 10% system).

The hardware I have I thought would be more than adequate. It is a
Athlon XP 1800+ box (i.e. 1.5GHz), with 512Mb PC2100 DDR RAM. The tuner
card is an AVerMedia AVerTV Studio card (bt878 chipset); the video card
is an ATI All-In-Wonder Rage 128.

Any ideas? Should CPU use be this high? Can the video performance be
fixed?

Tx

Gram