[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport deinterlace?

kirk andersonkirk2 at insightbb.com
Tue Dec 23 23:03:37 EST 2003

OK, I've finally successfully burned a SVCD that plays properly on my
stand alone DVD player...  I read a reply (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/Re%3Anuvexport_deinterlace_%28fwd%29_P97401/ )
and downloaded http://www.slothmud.org/~hayward/nuvexport.gz

I then added the "-F" command to line 438 (the yuvdenoise -F option
forces deinterlacing) along with uncommenting line 446 so that
"--interlace-mode 1" is enabled for mpeg2enc.  Man page for mpeg2enc:

--interlace-mode|-I num
    Sets MPEG 2 motion estimation and encoding modes:
    0 = Progressive (non-interlaced)(Movies)
    1 = Interlaced source material (video)
    2 = Interlaced source material, per-field-encoding (video)

After saving, I then executed "nuvexport" (the modified version I am
referring to above).  It outputs a .m2v & mp2 file, but mplex's them
together for the final .mpg you can vcdimage and cdrdao!

It worked flawlessly (well, at least on my setup)!  I tried the updated
nuvexport (from 22DEC03) and still had the "jerkyness" problems...  I
was pretty sure this was an interlacing problem...  After modifying the
nuvexport, it looks great!  Thanks for all the help

Kirk