[mythtv-users] knoppmyth R4

Darrick Hartman ricko73 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 16:46:14 EST 2003

--- MythTV-at-C4L <davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com>
wrote:
> Also, has anyone tried XFce?  It's supposed to be "a
> lightweight desktop
> environment for unix-like operating systems. It aims
> to be fast and
> lightweight, while still being visually appealing
> and easy to use."

XFCE-4 rocks!  I use it on my triple-headed system
(three video cards, three monitors, two different
resolutions).  It's the ONLY WM that I've tried that
properly handles the different resolutions per screen.
 Screen 3 (my far right screen) is only capable of
1024x768 while the other two are at 1280x1024.  When I
maximize an app in that screen, it only fills that
screen.  If I would do this in the past with Gnome
(2.4) or KDE (3.2) it would assume the height of the
screen was the same as the other two screens.

XFce is fast and light-weight and looks pretty.  Make
sure you're using XFce-4 though.

Darrick