[mythtv-users] Re: Question to all the Hauppauge PVR350 users

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 10:58:26 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 10:20, Robert Krig wrote:
> Ok, so if I want the tv out to do everything, then I should use a
> grafx card instead?
>
> By the way, you said that you can only use the tvout of the pvr350 to
> play mpeg1/2 files. Does that mean there is no way to play divx and
> xvid files on the tvout, or does that mean the cpu will have to take
> care of decoding?

Well, you can do the decoding & scaling in software, but the current
ivtv framebuffer device is not fast enough to handle fullscreen,
full-motion video that doesn't come from the 350's internal decoder.
IIRC they hope to address this issue at some point.  If you want more
details you should probably hang out on the ivtv list.

-JAC