[mythtv-users] Re: MythGAME problems

Jay Goldberg jay at ransdoc.com
Tue Dec 23 10:33:14 EST 2003

James L. Paul writes:

 > >> I don't. :)

 > >> Not good. Do your paths to the games have trailing slashes, or no? I think
 > >> I had a problem at one point with one module when I either had a slash or
 > >> didn't, and it would only work the opposite way. I dunno if that applies
 > >> here though... (If it does, the default paths contain no trailing slash --
 > >> just looked on a workstation install where I hadn't touched the mythgame
 > >> config).
 > >>
 > >> However, I do know that when everything is set up just right, the game will
 > >> play fine from within .zip files (all mine do, or at least did, the last
 > >> time I checked, but that was a while ago...).
 > >>
 > >> Oh, I'm presuming you already ran the "Scan for Games" thing in the Game
 > >> Settings area...
 >

 > I had a similar problem, caused by the history path pointing to a directory
 > instead of a file, or some such thing. I recommend reading this thread from
 > October:

FWIW, I was having very similar problems until I checked the file
permissions in my games directory.  The .zip files must be readable
by the user running mythtv and the directory containing them must be
readable and executable by that user.  It sounds obvious, but MythTV
and all it's associated programs don't seem to check file permissions,
and certainly never display an error message if a file or directory
is not usable due to permissions.  Worth checking...

         HTH
                 Jay