[mythtv-users] Re: 802.11g router with VPN for wlan

Jason Spencer jspencer at crosslink.net
Mon Dec 22 21:53:02 EST 2003

 > For example: Linksys Wireless-G Ethernet Bridge WET54G
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=545
>
> And: Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter WGA54G
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=558
>
> I can't see the difference functionally between the two...
>
> -Dave

I have the  Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter WGA54G and it is decent
for my xbox frontend.  The major thing that is wrong with the game
adapter is you can't upgrade the firmware and you can't configure it
over the lan (must be directly connected to a machine).

If I had to re-design my myth solution I would have spent the extra
money on the bridge.