[mythtv-users] epia lock ups

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Mon Dec 22 16:20:50 EST 2003

Lately I have been having a lot of lock ups on my epia m10k board. It
only happens when I am using a separate frontend, the epia is a
frontend/backend on my main tv. It seem that when there is a lot of
network activity and the ivtv driver is doing something the lock ups
occur.

I have done a lot of searching and read loads of docs, and this appears
to be a known problem with this setup. My question is... is there a work
around that works, I haven't really found any, beside setting the nic to
10baseT (which doesn't work anyway). System specs below.

epia M10000 N
256M ddr pc2100 crucial ram
160G Maxtor
pvr250 (oem freestyle)
gentoo 1.4
kernel 2.4.23 w/ bk11 & epia1 patches

While I prefer gentoo this is a dedicated mythtv box so I really don't
mind changing to something else if I really have to.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions I would love to hear them, and
appreciate all ideas.

Jayson Garrell