[mythtv-users] test_ioctl not being saved

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 22 04:31:54 EST 2003

On Dec 20, 2003, at 18:16, John Sanborn wrote:

> I'm using the following:
> Fedora Core
> Mythtv.13
> latest CVS for IVTV (compiled)
>
> After setting Brightness, Contrast and Saturation using "test_ioctl"
> or the keyboard commands in MythTv my same settings default back to
> their original values when I change the channel or play a different
> recording.
>
> How can I save the test_ioctl settings permanently?

Set them in the mythfrontend with its built-in controls (F1-F8). These
do basically the same thing within the frontend, and save the values in
the database, reapplying them each time you restart the frontend, so
whatever you have in there (currently, the defaults that you don't
like), they'll blow away whatever was set with test_ioctl. At least I
believe that's the case...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...