[mythtv-users] no /dev/video device in Gentoo, help

Jeff "Muddy" Waters mythtv at muddysmind.com
Sun Dec 21 11:23:09 EST 2003

Greetings fellow Gentoo users.

I'm dying here.

I just switched this week from redhat 7.2 on my server to gentoo
gs-sources (since it's a smp server) and for the life of me can't get
ivtv modules to load.

So upon doing some checking found the machine does see the pvr-250 card.
When I run # cat /proc/pci

<!------------------ Begin Code ----------------->
Bus  0, device  20, function  0:
    Multimedia video controller: PCI device 4444:0016 (Internext
Compression Inc) (rev 1).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=128.Max Lat=8.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xd4000000 [0xd7ffffff].

However when I check /dev there is NO video listed.

I doubt I'll be able to load ivtv modules if there is no video device in
/dev... any ideas how to fix this?
I've never seen this happen before.

Thanks all.

- Jeff