[mythtv-users] Re: corrupted video with DVB

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sat Dec 20 08:47:54 EST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 12:20, martin north wrote:

> i've cleared off the old binary drivers and installed the latest 40038-full
> drivers. Unfortunately X wont start now, with the following reported in the
> logs
>
> Symbol xf86I2CProbeAddress from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/via_drv.o is unresolved!

What distribution are you using? I assume the problem is that your X build
doesn't match the one the via binary drivers were expecting. odd. Does it say
anything in the via release notes about whether you need to grab an Xfree
update?

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - Wireless networking and techie bits.