[mythtv-users] Re: corrupted video with DVB

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sat Dec 20 06:59:12 EST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 11:11, martin north wrote:
> I'm running the clexf40032-lite package of drivers. Having said that, since
> the lite package doesn't include the mpeg shared library, i added the
> libddmpeg.so library into /usr/X11R6/lib by extracting is from the
> clexf40038 package. So my drivers and librarys are from different versions
> - which is perhaps not the smartest thing to do.
>
> What version would u recommend? Or am i best using shared librarys
> instead??

Ah right. well there's your problem! The lite package doesn't contain any mpeg
decoding. You need the mpeg code in the kernel drivers as well as the shared
library....
and mixing binaries from different CLEX versions is a 'VERY BAD IDEA' !

Either use the latest full binary package from via if your system
configuration supports it.... or use the libraries from source code instead.
(http://www.ivor.it/cle266 tells you what you need).

Cheers,

--
Ivor Hewitt.