[mythtv-users] Dish Network Box and MythTV

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Sat Dec 20 03:38:08 EST 2003

Philippe Daoust wrote:

>You can use a simple IR Blaster (you can build one for cheap from schematics
>at lirc.org or buy an Actisys module) coupled with a change channel script
>on Myth to control your Sat box.
>
>Not sure about local channels...  Isn't there a coax port on the sat box for
>an antenna?  That would simplify things a lot...
>
>Have fun!

I thought that an IR Blaster was just simply a remote.  As for changing
the channel on the Sat box, I saw a setting for changing channels on an
external device in 'mythtvsetup.'  I just didn't know how I would
implement it and wasn't able to experiment because I didn't have
satellite in the area I built the machine at.

As for the antenna, I will have to check that.  That would definately
makes things much easier.

James