[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Can you set the default directory for the video browser?

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Fri Dec 19 22:10:13 EST 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 09:41, Jon wrote:
> I Believe he's talking about using videolist even though he said
> browsing, because I have the same problem,  I never mentioned it here
> before because its really not a big deal.  But I do notice it.  I have
> my directories setup the same way, /var/lib/mythvideo/anime movies tv
> and extra

He does mean the list. (The one with the tree view.) It's a common confusion,
as I've mentioned once before, since the "browse" feature is a linear list
and the "list" feature is a browsing tree. They are named backwards IMO.

> and mythvideo points to /var/lib/mythvideo, for some reason when i load
> videolist its automatically selected /var/lib/mythvideo/tv/file.avi or
> whatever,  I'm not really sure why.  I even have a few movie files in my
> /var/lib/mythvideo root directory.   When i'm using the video browser it
> browses in alphabetical order, which seems fine and logical to me,  I
> have no problems with that.

I've noticed the same thing, but haven't cared enough yet to do anything about
it. I wish it would default to the root directory, not any specific file.
Mine is stuck on the first file in the last folder, which happens to be the
first file I ever added. So I always back out 3 levels to the root to switch
folders. A minor annoyance. ;)