[mythtv-users] Anybody Ever Tried VDR?

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Dec 19 21:01:30 EST 2003

> > I use a Conax CAM with MythTV...and it's working very well
> here (the DVB
> > stuff that is, my epia is another story).
>
> What DVB card to you use?  I was planning on getting the
> Hauppauge Nexus-S

Yea, that is it, revision 2.1.

> > And you would be using it in the US of A, I think there are some dvb
> > users in the us here, or did thay flee?
>
> Actually in Canada...

I'm not sure what birds you are going to receive, but you should know
that a lot of the north-american birds use encryption and transmission
modes not compatible with dvb. If you know that it's dvb birds and that
there is available cams, then og for the card, and try out software when
the card arrives (the drivers are really mature). If you want to have a
look at what's already available: www.satcodx.com is a good resource.

Kenneth