[mythtv-users] Anybody Ever Tried VDR?

Philippe Daoust pdaoust at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 19 20:33:24 EST 2003

(Sorry for the double post, the first one ended up in the wrong thread)

I'm thinking of setting up a second PVR that would directly connect to my
Satelitte dish (i.e., without having to use a seperate receiver and analog
capture card).  Given that DVB support seems to still be preliminary in Myth
(also no CAM support) and that I wanted a Linux based solution, I thought I
would give VDR a try (http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/index.htm).

Although it is very from from being as sexy as Myth is, there are tons of
plugins that can various things via a full featured DVB card (read with a HW
encoder).

Most of the users seem to be in Europe (mostly Germany) but I just thought
I'd ask around to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it.

Thanks!