[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Can you set the default directory for the video browser?

Craig Meyer craig at fdllug.org
Fri Dec 19 14:44:58 EST 2003

Everyone,

Not sure if this should be in the DEV or USERS group, so I'll post here
first to avoid a flame.

I have my MythVideo setup to point to a video directory that contains
subdirectories which sort all the various videos and movies I have.

Problem is: When I open the video browser, It doesnt start up with focus
on the root directory. Instead it browses down my entire tree of files
(alphabeticly) and starts with focus on the 'first file' in my tree.

More advanced explination of the problem:

my video directory is   /mythmedia/video   and below it I have many
directories. Here is an ASCII art of what my tree would look like:

Videos-|

       |-Babylon 5 -|
       |            | Season 1 -|
       |            |           | B5 Episode 1
       |            |           | B5 Episode 2
       |            |           | etc....
       |            | Season 2
       |            | Season 3
       |            | etc....

       |-Movies -|
       |         | 13 Ghosts.avi
       |         | Back to the future.avi
       |         | etc....

       |-Stargate-|
                  | Season 1
                  | Season 2
                  | etc....

I would expect the video browser to start in the Video directory and from
there I could browse to any directory or file I wanted. Instead, it starts
with focus on Video > Babylon 5 > Season 1 > Episode 1 (for the example
above).

Why is this? Can I fix this with a database edit, or is this simply a bug
or 'unwanted feature' in mythvideo?

-Craig