[mythtv-users] XvMC

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Fri Dec 19 12:36:16 EST 2003

> Well, more specifically, only for certain Nvidia cards *with* Nvidia's
> closed-source drivers.  Other vendors' cards may support XvMC in
> hardware, but without driver support in Linux, you can't use it.

Can anyone explain what teh benefits would be (other then having a nice grey
scale OSD instead of the colour one)  ;)  ... I had it compiled in at one
point but wasn't fond of the results it had on the OSD, took it out and
everything went back to normal.

Are there any serious gains to be had by compiling it in?

--
Lonny