[mythtv-users] [OT] 2.6.0

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at ket.org
Thu Dec 18 22:52:45 EST 2003

I'm putting together four MPEG encoders (PVR-250s on P4-3.0GHz) with
2.6.0-test11 for a work project. I needed the 2.6 kernel for it's SATA
hard drive support.

I had some problems getting X to start with the geforce2 MX/400 cards I
have in these boxes, but I found out that I needed to 1) disable nvidia
riva framebuffer support and 2) enable /dev/pts filesystem support in my
kernel. I use Gentoo, BTW.

After I did those two things, presto. X is running. The 2.6 kernels
aren't as big a deal as I thought they'd be from an installation
standpoint, but then again, I'm installing fresh.

My next quest is to get ivtv support working with these 2.6 boxes. My
positive outlook may change in a few hours.

Gregg