[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. SageTV vs. Etc....

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Thu Dec 18 14:37:03 EST 2003

Will Dormann wrote:
> At 09:58 AM 12/18/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>I see no issue here.  I want to run EVERYTHING on Linux.  I just don't
>>care what Windows can do anymore so there is no comparison of features
>>that will sway me.  We have a guy in our LUG that prescribes to the
>>notion of "Using the best tool for the job".  As a Linux advocate I will
>>try a Linux solution first and use it even if it isn't quite as refined
>>as a Windows solution.  MythTV rocks!
>

> That sounds pretty bigoted to me.
>
> -WD

Well if preferring one OS over another is bigoted then I guess I am a
Linux bigot.  I would really call myself a Linux advocate.  I simply
stated my opinion and preference for Linux based solutions. You made it
an issue when calling me a bigot.  But I don't want to clog this
valauble list with opinions, other than those favorable to MythTV of course.

DSP