[mythtv-users] Upgrading From .11 to .13

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 18 04:02:23 EST 2003

On Dec 17, 2003, at 15:35, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:

> "apt-get install mythsuite" should upgrade you, although it gave me a
> couple of conflicts which I had to fix by hand.

You will definitely also need to upgrade your ivtv drivers. I haven't
tested out this particular upgrade path, but if I understand the new
database methodology correctly, it should simply be a matter of
"apt-get install mythtv-suite", as mentioned, followed closely by
"apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r` ivtv". Just to be sure all the
old ivtv stuff unloads, you might want to reboot after doing that
upgrade, unless you're very comfortable with loading and unloading
modules by hand. I'm recalling one database update that had to be done
by hand when moving from 0.11 to 0.12 (for MythVideo), but I'm thinking
that should all be taken care of automatically now...

--jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...