[mythtv-users] Autocopy

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Wed Dec 17 20:10:35 EST 2003

Attached is a perl script for all the people who use a mpeg encoder card
and just want to copy the nuv files to another folder. What it does is
goes through each .nuv file under a specific directory and does a copy to
<DIR>/Title/SubTitle.mpg . EX: copies
/var/video/1029_20031213190000_20031213193000.nuv to
/tv/The_Simpsons/The_Frying_Game.mpg . If the files destination file
exists and is larger than the source it is skipped. I use this to copy
files from my mythtv computer to my main computer (using a smb mount) each
night so I can burn them to dvd. It's simple and usefull to me, maybe
someone else can find it useful. BTW make sure the CPFLAGS is empty. I
wrote a patch for the cp command which includes hash (like ftp) and
printing of actual bytes copied so you dont have so keep the CPFLAGS empty
unless you need too add something!