[mythtv-users] Homebrew IR Receivers

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Dec 17 13:48:56 EST 2003

Adam, I used the one off of http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html  Works
great.  I had a problem finding the reciever ic locally and went with
one of the Panasonic ones.  Got it from digikey.  The one issue I had
was figuring out which pin was which on panasonic one, but I used some
aligator clips to make figuring it out easy enough.  I did not need a
microcontroller.

For the transmitter circuit, build the "simple" one on the transmitter
page.  You only need one resister, one diode, and one ir transmitter
diode.  All in all about US$1 worth of parts.  I tried to build the
"improved" xmitter circuit 2 or 3 times and never got it to work.

-dan

Adam Wood wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm planning to build a IR receiver, and I was wondering what schematics
> everyone else out there was using (successfully). Is everyone using the
> "improved" schema from lirc.org? Anyone come up with their own? And most
> importantly, has anyone tried it without the microcontroller recommended by
> lirc.org? I want to make this as small as possible.
>
> I guess the same thing questions go for transmitters too, since I'll get
> round to building one of these some day.
>
> Thanks all,
>

> Adam

main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);
while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}return 0;}