[mythtv-users] Homebrew YPrPb/NTSC transcoder?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Dec 17 09:41:48 EST 2003

	Actually (I just looked it up), what I'm looking to build is a
different beast.  The Super Emotia is (from what I read) a scan converter.  I'm
not proposing a scan converter, just a transcoding doodad.  The video card will
have to produce the correct sync rates for NTSC (in composite/svid mode) or an
HDTV mode (e.g. 480p, 720p, etc).  The transcoder just does the coordinate
transformation RGB->YPbPr and NTSC composite modulation (colorburst, 3.58MHz
crystal, etc).

	Thanks for the tip though... it's possible such a thing exists.  Of
course, since I'm a cheap bastard, an avid DIY'r, and have access to board
cutting mills, making one seems promising... :)

-Cory