AW: [mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase in Germany

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Dec 17 09:03:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:11, Steffen Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Felix H. Hoßfeld asked me to post his answer for him because of troubles
> with his account. So here we go:
>
> When setting up MythTV in Germany you are facing a problem: The
> xmltv-grabber (tv_grab_de) for Germany is currently offline. Luckily, Ben
> Buksch has developed a little python script to download an xml-TV guide for
> German (and Austrian) channels from TV Movie and convert it to xmltv's data
> format.
> (http://www.bucksch.com/1/projects/various/xmltv/)

<Manual channel setup>

There is also the possibility to read the channels from an xawtvrc file.
If you have access to one for your regional cable provider, this is
easier.

The xawtv format is quite easy to understand and you can build your own
manually if you can get a channel table from your provider. Use the tips
in the last post regarding E,SE etc naming.

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/ivtv-pvr-350-conf.tgz