[mythtv-users] alsa mutes after rebooting, super mount, and comments on Jarod's fedora guide

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 17 03:15:51 EST 2003

On Dec 16, 2003, at 16:35, DBakker at arrayasolutions.com wrote:

> Actually in the alsa docs they have you add some lines to your
> modules.conf to store and restore your settings when you  un/load your
> alsa modules (reboot). I never went back to figure it out so I just use
> the restore in my rc.local
>
> Im sure someone in this list can post thier pre and post lines for alsa
> from their modules.conf if you are intrested.

Okay, after further review of the alsasound init (and shutdown) script,
it appears the store settings section is commented out. You can either
un-comment these lines:

   # if [ -x $alsactl ]; then
   #   $alsactl -f $asoundcfg store
   # else
   #   echo -n -e "${rc_warning}!!!alsactl not found!!!${rc_reset} "
   # fi

In function stop(), if you'd like your sound settings saved each time
you reboot. You can also tweak your setup out to exactly what you want,
then manually run alsactl store, so if you screw up your setup while
playing around, a reboot or alsactl restore will set everything back
the way it was when it was working.

For good measure, you should also "/sbin/chkconfig --add alsasound".

I'm adding this into rev 2.0.1 right now, it'll be posted momentarily.

--jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...