[mythtv-users] XBox TVOut Quality

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Tue Dec 16 22:07:58 EST 2003

Derek Watson wrote:

> The only problem with this approach is that the frame rate drops to
> about 15fps after running xbv. I've also tried using nvtv instead, with
> the same result.

I discussed this with Oliver, the authour of the rivafb driver awhile
back. His take is that xbv is stomping on some registers that disables
XV for myth. At the time his recommendation was to wait for the rewrite,
which he now has underway (xboxfb). I am not sure why mplayer seems
unaffected.

> Does anyone have overscan on the xbox working, or know anyone that has
> it working?

No one that I have been made aware of.

Dennis