[mythtv-users] alsa mutes after rebooting, super mount, and comments on Jarod's fedora guide

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 18:02:49 EST 2003

I just finished a barebones install using Jarod's
guide and didn't have too many problems with it.  I
have a Chyangfun e-cube 868 and a hauppage 401 card.

Two questions:

after rebooting, alsa volumes must be reset.  i have
tried using /sbin/alsactl store, but they still get
reset.  anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

another problem is fedora's automount.  the goal of my
project is to connect this to our tv in our bedroom,
however, whenever a dvd is inserted, fedora opens the
disk showing the contents of the dvd.  i have tried to
turn this off everywhere i could find it, but it still
pops up. any ideas?

As far as jarod's guide goes, no problems except for
the lirc part with bttv based cards... you need to
mention to set lircd to start at boot time.  lirc was
a pain, but that was to be expected...

great program...

thanks,
jason