[mythtv-users] remote recommendations

John Madill jmadill at joyousnoise.com
Tue Dec 16 17:49:53 EST 2003

I just got a Radio Shack 15-2103 5 in 1 learning remote, and followed
Harry Orenstein's directions he forwarded out to the list yesterday.
Although his info referenced the URC-6012 remote, I tried the
instructions for remapping the keys on the Radio Shack remote, and it
worked just fine even though the RS remote's instructions made no
mention of that capability.  Most of the RS remotes are made by One for
All, so I guessed it might work.  The key is using the Magnavox/
Philips remote codes for the 0081 device.

FYI, I did have to edit his included .lircrc file ... first to
reference "irxevent" vs "mythtv" for the program, and then to change
the config statement.  Here's a before edit:

begin
     prog = mythtv
     button = PIP
     config = V
end

and here's the edited version for that code:

begin
     prog = irxevent
     button = PIP
# Toggle Picture-In-Picture
     config = key V CurrentWindow
end

Don't know if I just had a different version if lirc, but these changes
were copied from the original working .lircrc, and were  needed before
anything worked.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need me to forward Harry's message to you.

-jm