[mythtv-users] Re:prebuffering pauses and mythtv 0.13

Greg gregory.long1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 17:27:30 EST 2003

Hey, I've been having your pre-buffer and and my sound would would get
all distorted.  Someone else posted a fix maybe a week ago.  It was
using old alsa drivers.  I used alsa-driver-0.9.4 and all my audio
problems are gone(thank god!!).  It was a pain because I used apt rpms
to install and it installed alsa packages.  I notice that alot of the
packages are dependent on alsa, so now every time I update it always
wants to re-download all the alsa stuff.  So I manually removed all alsa
packages, downloaded the old alsa drivers, had to edit alot of files to
get it to compile, and then it all worked.

Just so you know, my computer is...
Biostar MB - with on-board via-8233 sound
WinTV-401 dbx
Fedora Core 1 -- atrpm kenrnel 2.4.22....24
and i don't think the other stuff is important.

Another note is my sound would mess up within about 5 minutes, some
channels not as bad.  Comedy Central would mess up almost instantly.  I
messed with color/brightness and it helped, but did not fix.  Now, I've
left it on live TV for whole day on Comedy Central and not a single
problem.

Hope this helps,
Greg Long