[mythtv-users] Re: Blank screen

Tobias Bayer t.bayer at web.de
Tue Dec 16 09:46:06 EST 2003

Am 16.12.2003 um 12:44 schrieb mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org:

> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 04:22 am, Tobias Bayer wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> When I try to run "Watch TV" in mythfrontend, the screen goes blank
>> and
>> I hear a short distorted piece of sound. The only way to end
>> mythfrontend then is to kill it from another terminal.
>> The console says "cannot open /dev/dsp". The device exists and I
>> killed
>> artsd before running mythfrontend (leaving it alive does not change
>> the
>> situation).
>> Mythbackend starts without any problems.
>> With xawtv I can watch TV without problems.
>>
>> What may be wrong here?
>
> Either something else is grabbing /dev/dsp, your sound card is not
> capable of
> full duplex operation, or permissions are wrong on the device.

I set rwx permissions. I don't think something else is grabbing my
soundcard.
Is there a workaround for a soundcard without full duplex operation
capabilities?

--
Tobias Bayer

-------
t.bayer at web.de		http://www.tobias-bayer.de
ICQ: 144011708
GPG key: http://www.tobias-bayer.de/gpg.asc (ID: 7E44545F)
Fingerprint: 69B6 A0DA 64D8 9CF5 E55B  78F7 DDCE 3664 7E44 545F