[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase in Germany

Steffen Becker becker.steffen at web.de
Tue Dec 16 05:12:52 EST 2003

Hi List,

i'm new to the mythtv community trying to get my system up and running with
a Hauppauge PVR 350 in Germany (a PAL contry). Besides the problems the ivtv
driver has with PAL i don't know how to set up the mythtv channel database.
I tried it on mythtv 0.13 with
mythfilldatabase --file GrabTV -1 TVGuide.xml --manual --preset
But this didn't work. It queried the channel infos from me but on trying to
store it in the db it said UPDATE .... Database reported error (or the
like - i'm writing from memory). In mythtv 0.12 that worked.

Can sb. help me? Is mythfilldatabase broken in 0.13. Do i have to try CVS?
Or better 0.12?

Nevertheless i was unable to set up the database correctly for 0.12 either.
Is it right to use as channel no. any int from 0 up to n? And to use as
preset the PAL channel, eg. SE11, E12, etc.??

Thanks in advance
Steffen

Dipl. Wirtsch. Inform. Steffen Becker, DFG Junior Research Group "Palladio",
Fk 2, Department of Computing Science, Software Engineering Group
CvO Universität Oldenburg / OFFIS, Escherweg 2, D-26121 Oldenburg
Email: becker at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
Voice: +49 441 9722-582  (-501, secr.)       Fax:   +49 441 9722-502